Friday, August 14, 2009

Florist

Hi, I'm looking for a good wedding florist.

I mean, there's so many options out there, but it'd be nice to be able to find someone talented, fair-priced, and good at getting just the look you have envisioned, and the best way to do that is to talk with people who've been there before.
So I come to you, dear readers. Who did your flowers? What was great about the service, and what was not-so? What do you wish could've been different? What was more perfect than you could've wished for? What kind of flowers? How'd you keep them from wilting? Did you use ribbons? wires? plastic straws? Did you go for a classic look or something more out-there? Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
By the way, this is all for someone I visit teach. But you can be sure that I will be referring back to this post when I prepare for my big day someday. :)

6 comments:

Mrs. Webb said...

I actually did my own. It's super easy!

Rachel M. said...

I was about to ask who your groom was going to be...but then you cleared it all up, ha!

LizMcG said...

I was freaking out there for a second and was going to call and yell at you for making me find out by reading your blog. Thanks for the clarification.
We did my sisters ourselves, but that is only because I come from a family of experienced florists. Random, I know.

Calista said...

I did mine (with some help from Brandon's grandma). Because we were having 3 receptions in 3 states, the only choice that made sense was doing fake flowers, which are easy because if you mess up you just re-bend the wire stem. But I do know of a good florist (but have no idea how much she charges!). Her name is Norah Hunter (she teaches floral design at BYU).

Maren said...

You found me! :) And you know that I can tie anything to Harry Potter. Hm, well I don't have any good recommendations for you since I was in CA, but wilting wasn't really a problem with my flowers and I got married in August. We just kept them (roses and gerber daisies) cool in ice chests before the pictures and in the fridge between the temple and reception and they looked great. But if you ever need it, I can recommend you a good, cheap florist in CA ;)

Dorothy said...

Suzy - I was just checking your blog to see if anything was new. James read the first line over my shoulder and exclaimed "what." That was fun. So, anyway - time for new blog or at least new e-mail.